A Summer Romance #1
     written by Amy

Amy poured out some more lotion and rubbed it on her shoulders. It sure turned out to be a hot one at the beach today. She watched a pretty couple walking along the edge of the water and wondered if she would ever get a boyfriend.

"(SIGH) I wish I could have a boyfriend" she thought to herself. "But no one likes me, it's like I don't even exist."

She pushed up her glasses and took a sandwich out of her backpack. Chicken salad on white, her favorite. She turned to watch a group of friends play beach volleyball. It was nice to be at the beach but it was also lonely. She thought that this summer would be so romantic but it turned out to be the same old, same old. Going to the library, working at the snack bar. What she was missing was someone to hold hands with.

Suddenly she looked up and saw someone she knew from school. It was Gary Danson from her Social Studies class! He was so cute. And he was with Cherie Yander, the most popular girl in 9th grade. They were smiling and laughing. As they approached, Amy pushed up her glasses again and waved, showing a big smile.

"Hey guys! What are you doing here?" she asked.

Cherie smirked in a mean way. "What do you think we're doing here, dork? We're hanging out at the beach. Maybe you need some new glasses."

Amy was so embarrassed and ashamed she did not even know what to say. All of a sudden, though, she heard a dreamy voice:

"Now that wasn't very nice," he said. Amy looked up and it was ERIC from LA MUSIC POPULARE! He was tan and gorgeous, dressed in a lifeguard suit. "Why don't you apologize to her?"

Cherie and Gary were star-struck. "We're so sorry, we didn't mean it Amy, I can't believe you know ERIC from LMP! Can we get your autograph!"

"That's better," Eric said. "Now, Amy, why don't we go over and get a Vanilla Coke?"

Amy looked at Cherie and Gary and saw they were so jealous. She turned to Eric and said: "I can't believe you're here! What are you doing here."

Eric put his arm around her and said: "LMP is playing at the beach house later tonight. If you like, you can be my very special date."

Amy had waited for this moment for all her life. She couldn't believe that her favorite pop star is staring right into her eyes!

--------

COMMENTS:
Dreamy said on Jul 18, 2004:
Dreamy *sigh*


--------

Add your own comments. No potty talk, please.

name:
email:

comments: